Staying safe online is become increasingly important due to the ever increasing frequency of cyber attacks on sensitive personal and corporate data.
You may think that you’re not at risk, that you don’t do anything online that leaves you exposed, but stop and think for a moment;
- Do you access access online banking?
- Do you make purchases online using a credit card or other form of electronic payment?
- Do you play video games online that require you to register your details? (messages are targeted at unsuspecting gamers luring them into irresistible offers)
- Are you registered on any social networks?
- Have you downloaded any Apps. onto your phone? (malware and viruses are being targeted at Android in particular)
If you have answered “yes” to any of these questions then, most likely, you are at risk of personal identity attack, malware, trojan viruses and spyware.
Google have put together this little video on tips to keep you safe online.
If you’d like more detailed information or assistance with ensuring your own online safety, give us a call and we would be delighted to help you out.